About the Irish Arts
Foundation of Kentucky
Preserving the past,
Nurturing the present,
Enriching the future.
IAF Mission Statement
- The mission of the Irish Arts Foundation of Kentucky, Inc. is to foster awareness, understanding, and appreciation of our Irish heritage.
- Goals of the IAF
- Provide educational resources and opportunities.
- Showcase Irish arts and crafts. • Support local Irish music, dance,
- Vision of the IAF
- Establish a permanent facility for a Gaelic-American Club in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Develop a scholarship program.
- Foster an awareness of the Irish contribution to American culture and history
What is the IAF?
The Irish Arts Foundation of Kentucky, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting awareness, interest, and appreciation of Ireland’s rich cultural heritage. The IAF has its roots in the vision of charter members Gerald and Martha Ford. Having visited numerous Irish Festivals throughout the United States; Gerry Ford was convinced that such a festival was important to promote the Irish culture and heritage in Louisville. From Gerry’s vision – and with the help of many dedicated volunteers and sponsors – Irish Family Fest was born in 1990. For many years, the “home” of the festival was Bellarmine University.
From these beginnings, The Irish Arts Foundation of Kentucky, Inc. emerged, receiving its tax-exempt 501(c)(3), non-profit status in 1996. The IAF continues to sponsor Louisville Irish Fest. After a brief interval of holding Louisville Irish Fest on the Belvedere, the festival returned to Bellarmine University in 2009.
The IAF is devoted to promoting Irish heritage through educational, cultural, and charitable events. The IAF is funded by corporate donations, event proceeds, and annual membership dues. Individuals or corporations wishing to support the IAF may contact
President, Tom Sfura
P.O. Box 4095
Louisville, KY 40204
If you would like to become a member of this wonderful organization, please complete the membership form and join today!
Louisville Irish Fest
The IAF is proud to present the annual celebration of our Irish heritage – Louisville Irish Fest. The Fest is the primary fundraiser for the IAF. Louisville Irish Fest is a fun- filled family event.
A wide variety of events and exhibits include:
- Performances of traditional Irish music, dance, and theatre.
- Displays of Irish & Irish-American history, arts, and crafts.
- Opportunities to sample Irish food and drink.
Louisville Irish Fest also features a separate children’s area, providing fun and entertainment to introduce children to the myths and legends of Ireland.
This annual celebration of Irish and Irish- American culture is held September 27-28 on the campus of Bellarmine University in Louisville, KY. For a complete schedule of events and performances, please visit our website at www.louisvilleirishfest.com.
Save the Date!
The last weekend in September is the Louisville Irish Fest at Bellarmine University Campus
Join the IAF!
For an annual fee of only $25, you can become a member of the IAF!
Membership benefits include:
- Opportunities to promote Irish culture and heritage.
- One free admission to Irish Fest.
Click here to download a PDF of our membership application.